Last night, Milltown Cycles proprietor Ben Witt hosted a viewing of a feature film titled Ride The Divide at the Viking Theater in St. Olaf’s Buntrock Commons. It’s about "the world’s toughest mountain bike race" called the Tour Divide, an "… ultra-cycling challenge to pedal solo and self-supported the length of Great Divide Mountain Bike Route…as fast as possible." It’s 2,700 miles from Banff, Alberta to the Mexican border.
Earlier this summer, Northfielder Ben Oney finished 13th (80 participants) in the race on a Salsa Fargo, a drop-bar, off-road adventure bike. He hosted a Q&A session after the movie. See his old Tour Divide blog and his new Boney Bikes blog, but better yet, follow Ben Oney on Twitter.
- July 8 Nfld News: Putting the Tour de France to shame
- Bicycling Magazine: Incredible Images from the Tour de France of Mountain Bike Races
- Man vs. snow (photo of Ben Oney)
Subscribe to my free Thick Skull MTB Skills/Mountain Bike Geezer newsletter and get:
- The free 6-part series, 'Light Hands, Heavy Feet': 17 mountain bike drills to develop the 'light hands' habit and make your riding more stable no matter what the terrain
- Exclusive how-to-ride related content every week that I don't post on my blog.
So do it. Get it through your Thick Skull.